[K12OSN] Application Server Question

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Aug 13 13:01:54 UTC 2004

At least with rsh, I don't think the traffic goes via the ltsp server.
One of the things you have to setup for it to work is the DISPLAY
variable and it has to be the address of the client, not the ltsp
server.  Now with ssh you've got a tunnel setup between the app server
and the ltsp server, and the DISPLAY variable points to that tunnel so
it seems that would keep the ltsp server in the loop.

Petre