[K12OSN] Gateway Computers and video problems

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Fri Aug 13 20:48:27 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm having a problem some new Gateway PC's. The model number is 310. Is
anyone using these, and do you have video problems?

If I log out of a session I never get the gdm login window back. I
can't switch to SCREEN_02 (ok I can but I can't see ouptput) so I've
lost some debugging ability.

I have not been able to find a xserver option that works consistantly.
vesa works sometimes. The screen blacks out and the only way to fix it
is to reboot. Even then it does not always work.

I was having a similar problem with gateway monitors on LTSP Term 150,
but eric fixed that with an updated pxe kernel.

 From what I can tell from booting into windows (ack) the video card is
a gateway video card.

Any suggestions (besides getting another PC) would be greatly
appreciated.

Lewis
---------
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better.... So I installed
Linux.