[K12OSN] Re: Trouble booting PPC clients

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Aug 16 18:13:45 UTC 2004

Brad Smith said:
> 1) Load MacOS
> 2) Put kernel in initrd
> 3) Reboot

I would love to do this as well.  Have it mount the / directory via NFS,
and life would be hunky-dorey.  I just don't know how to do that yet. :(

As far as "kickstart" -- I would suggest using G4U to clone the hard
drives once you have one installed.  It works, even when you have to use
the intel computer to do the cloning...  It's saved me weeks of
installing...

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director
spowers at inlandlakes.org
http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org

The views, opinions, visions, thoughts, comments, sarcastic whims,
forecasts, poetic outbursts, cynical wit, future plans, implementation
ideas, OS preference, curricular insight, ice cream preference, or
anything else I might infer are not the views of Inland Lakes Schools.
Pretty much everything I say, do, think, or imply with punctuation should
be considered my own delusions, and ignored completely.