[K12OSN] dansguardian on ipcop

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 16 19:46:30 UTC 2004

Perhaps this is not the correct forum to ask this, but I'm not sure where to find the answers.... I have dansguardian loaded onto an ipcop box, in front of my k12ltsp box.  I am using the addonz package of dansguardian, which comes with a gui.  So, when I access my ipcop gui, there is a tab for content filtering, where I can change configurations.  Here is the problem.

I would like for teachers here at the school to not be filtered.  The filtering is working great; almost too good.  If I want to download a free program I can't.  One teacher used aol for email.  It won't allow us to access aol.

Under "exception user list file path" it says:

#Users names, who, if basic
#proxy authentication is
#enabled, will automatically
#not be filtered

ir

My understanding of this is if I list a user with a comment in front of the user name, they should be all set. an example would be for my username:

#whatch

But, its not working.  I've tried doing this when the content filtering is turned on and turned off.  Do I need to reboot ipcop for the settings to work?  Do I need to rebooot my k12 box?  Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks!