[K12OSN] adduser/useradd issue

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Mon Aug 16 20:57:30 UTC 2004

More info on the problem...
adding a user with    useradd <username> -p <password>
returns Alternate authentication scheme in use. when I run  passwd -S
<username>

BUT with ...  adduser <username>  and then passwd <username>

I get...
Password set, MD5 crypt.

So I guess the question is how to get the '-p' parameter of 'useradd' to
MD5 the password?

--Huck