[K12OSN] Public School looks to setup LTSP and use radius for central authentication.

Brock Noland brockn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:03:49 UTC 2004

NOTE: I am not sure of the differences between radius and ldap.

Hello I work for the University of Minnesota - Housing and we (not me)
have a x500 server that I can only connect to via radius. I am working
to setup all of our ldaps as linux dumb terminals running a WM that
looks like windows. Right now I am working on a single test lab.

I have K12LTSP installed and it works GREAT. The only problem is i
have no idea how to use the radius authentication. I would like to
create a temporary guest account on authentication and then remove it
on logout.

Does anyone have any ideas, howtos, or general suggestions?

Brock