[K12OSN] Programs for all users using wine

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Thu Aug 19 05:40:44 UTC 2004

I have the same problem. I don't think there is a work around. Linux
apps know each user gets their own home folder. So they stick personal
setting files for each app in /home/jsmith . Window apps under wine know
nothing about this structure. Wine sets up a fake C: drive in your home
folder for the app to install. So I had to install it to every user.
It's a pain I know.  Even if you installed to a public directory with
read only access most windows programs require write access to save
settings. M$ Window apps are not written for linux servers.

Robert