[K12OSN] Getting Optical-wheel mouse to work on com1?

Guy Lessard glessard at coll-outao.qc.ca
Thu Aug 19 15:24:57 UTC 2004

The technicien gave me a short moulded plastic DB-9 to PS2 adapter but
no guaranty that they were from the same company as the mouse.  I tried
with the adapter:  a taiwan-special (no-name) ps2  optical wheel mouse,
a true Microsoft Intellimouse (ps2), and a generic two button ps2 mouse,
of course none worked.
As for the com port on the computers, it is being used by old Microsoft
serial mouse with success but they are so worn they behave  erratically.
I will ask the technician to grab me a variaty of db9-ps2 adapters.
Thanks.