[K12OSN] Large scale implementation in the pipe, input needed.

bear2bar at netscape.net bear2bar at netscape.net
Fri Aug 20 00:01:15 UTC 2004

Hi Daniel,

The first question is how concurrent sessions do you need ?
Then start the "basic math"
P-4, 2GB men = 25 concurrent clients with mozilla, OO & graphics
dual P-4 4GB approx 50 clients
dual P-4 8 GB approx 80 -90 clients

These are just rough numbers, we've run 3 clustered servers 1 x P-4 & 2 x P-3 with a total of 4GB for 75 clients. The applications & load (i/o) are determining factors

good luck

norbert