[K12OSN] Large scale implementation in the pipe, input needed.

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Fri Aug 20 13:25:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

Please see inline

sudev at mantraonline.com wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 05:31, bear2bar at netscape.net wrote:
>

>>These are just rough numbers, we've run 3 clustered servers 1 x P-4 & 2 x P-3 with a total of 4GB for 75 clients. The applications & load (i/o) are determining factors
>>

>Assuming that you are running OO other productivity things. Did your
>users face situations where their OO sessions would terminate all of
>sudden?

Yes sometimes with earlier version of 4.0.1 but these seem to have
disappeared and with the current version we haven't had any problems.
Even gcompris works !!

>I tried twice to cluster. Both times clusters started working fine but
>when ever process migration between CPU's took place the OO session on
>the users desktop would die? May be some tweak issue here that I missed.
>If you are happily running along then would like take up this again for
>trial in an production environment. A lot many others are also
>interested.

There is a small config in the openmosix config file. I setup one main
LTSP server that is also the application server & the other are just
"slaves" to the master. That means that OO & the other applications all
run from the main server. On this server I tell it to export it's
processes but not on the others.

good luck

norbert