[K12OSN] sound and floppy

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Aug 20 23:55:56 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Friday, August 20, 2004 at 7:39 PM +0000 wrote:
>you uncomment the line   rcfile06 = floppyd
>or something close to that in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf  ??
>
>--huck
Hi Shane!

True...uncomment the line that Huck mentioned above and reboot the clients
(and maybe the server) ....it does work as I've used it.  As for
sound...that can be trickier depending on the client.  What are they
running for a sound card?  First of all, in lts.conf....make sure   SOUND
= Y  set the volume up a bit to around 100....you may need to uncomment
the SMODULE line for ISA cards.  Generally doesn't hurt to uncomment
anyway....I do.  Also...I'm finding that sound in 4.1 is only working well
in IceWM.  It doesn't work in GNOME...and I'm not complaining because we
don't want to use GNOME....too slow.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School