[K12OSN] keyboard error on login

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 01:23:28 UTC 2004

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all your support over the years.

I have installed 4.1.0 on a few of my servers and when
someone logs-in on a terminal, they get an error box
that reads:

Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The XFree86 Project, Inc
3360

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

When I run "xprop -root | grep XKB", I get this:

_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc101",
"us", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc101", "us",
"", ""

When I run "gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb" I get this:

layouts = [us]
 model = pc105
 overrideSettings = false
 options = []

The error box only shows up if you login to the
terminal. Now problem on the servers. Does anyone know
how I can get rid of this error box? Thanks.

Chris