[K12OSN] Experience at Glenburn this week.

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Sat Aug 21 03:32:03 UTC 2004

Shane,

Its sounds like this was a great success. As far as IceWM goes. I
recently changed a production environment from gnome to IceWM. While
the end users have noticed that some menu options are different, it was
much easier to set up menu's specific to job function. It's so.... much
faster, easier to configure and theme (if you want to go to those
lengths) that I can't this of a reason to use gnome.

I spent hours trying to use gconf to restrict menus, and trying to undo
it was a nightmare. 45 minutes after looking at IceWM and we were all
set.

Lewis