[K12OSN] *sigh* FC2 issues

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Aug 22 21:00:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 14:40, Andrew wrote:
> David, the servers you just described equal my foreseeable budget til
> retirement. My IT people spend money like water on questionable
> commercial contracts (in my view) but the kind of "what the hell spend a
> few grand" attitude sure doesn't apply to me.

How much do you expect to spend on the server side per station?
What other people have described sounds like $100 - $150 to
me.  You might save something if you can scrounge an old but
reliable box to use as a fileserver for home directories and
several 'fast desktop' type boxes as k12ltsp servers with a
small number of clients each.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com