[K12OSN] thin-client lock down

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Aug 23 10:50:56 UTC 2004

Each of these has "dot files" to configure the environment or a folder
holding the info. You could probably set permissions to read, but not
write for all that stuff and then give ownership to root. The ownership
is important, otherwise a slick student can change his access rights
back to write.

A simple script with the info you want should be able touch the files
(to make sure they are there) and then change the permissions for
/home/*/$configfile to simplify the mess of doing it by hand.

Maybe there is a better way?

JSR/