[K12OSN] *sigh* FC2 issues

Andrew adfour at mtaonline.net
Tue Aug 24 23:16:19 UTC 2004

In the last 2 years I have had a $3500 total budget for starting a
school within a school. The server for the k12 ltsp stuff is my old dual
p3 desktop. The IT people chase down old computers to "get them out of
the system" so even finding terminal parts is a sort of race.
Huck, that's what I guess my budget for ALL materials for the next few
(3-6) years will be.  Of course, in the meantime IT is pissing away 50k
annually for licensed "nanny" software that most high school kids can
subvert with ease. Do I sound bitter? I am trying to sell them on linux.
Hopefully things will improve.