[K12OSN] Mpeg Video and Sound issues

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 00:11:39 UTC 2004

I know this has been beaten to death on the list, but ...
Will upgrading to LTSP 4 help me?  I am currently using 3, and have tried to avoid the upgrade on my 3.1.x  servers because of fear of breaking what I have.  Now though, on our thin clients, sound is not smooth and isn't synced with video.  To make matters worse, the video sometimes works, but most times I just get a psychedelic screen to look at where a nice mpeg should be playing.  I have used nasd (and have tried esd as well), but .... ready to just pitch this.  If the 4.1 upgrade is just replacing /opt/ltsp and fixing some conf files, then I am game to try this.
Advice? Quit? Drink? Both!
Dave Hopkins