[K12OSN] PXE boot problems...

ROGER (Tripp) LOWE rcl7820 at owl.forestry.uga.edu
Wed Aug 25 10:35:49 UTC 2004

Thanks for the info, Tim.

If somebody could follow up on the following, I'd
sure appreciate it.

"...It is supported by the sk98lin driver in Linux.  You may need to pass the option 129/129 to get the terminal to recognize the correct driver."

How exactly do I pass the 128/129 option, and where
do I store the sk98lin driver?

Thanks.
Tripp Lowe
GIS Lab Manager
D. B. Warnell School of Forest Resources
The University of Georgia
(706) 542-1074
rcl7820 at owl.forestry.uga.edu

"... don't think of it as work.  The
whole point is just to enjoy yourself."
Otter (1978)
On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 17:57, ROGER (Tripp) LOWE wrote:

> I am having problems booting a client machine using PXE.
> The motherboard is an ASUS p4p800-e deluxe with an
> onboard gigabit LAN (Marvell 88E8001).

[snip]

> Can somebody help me out?  I'd boot from a disk, but can not figure out which selection(s)
> to try on www.rom-o-matic.com.

The Marvel is currently unsupported by Etherboot (maybe this fall).  It is supported by the sk98lin driver in Linux.  You may need to pass the option 129/129 to get the terminal to recognize the correct driver.

Tim