[K12OSN] *sigh* FC2 issues

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Aug 26 02:59:38 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:

>Eric's work on whitebox gave me the idea that k12ltsp could possibly
>become modular

It is modular....you can install the k12ltsp rpm's on top of whatever
distro you want.  You can even download them seperately.  Install it on
SUSE and let us know how it goes :-)  Remember, K12LTSP was designed with
"turn-key" in mind.  I like the idea of being able to download an
ISO....burn it....load it to a server and be up in running in a short
time.  The more experienced and geekier I am the more I might want to use
another distro or whatever, but we MUST keep the newbies and all in mind.
I am an experienced Linux user, but I prefer the turnkey installation and
run it myself.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School