[K12OSN] *sigh* FC2 issues

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 26 00:00:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:59:38 -0400
"David Trask" <dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us> wrote:

> "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
> writes:
> >
> >Eric's work on whitebox gave me the idea that k12ltsp could possibly
> >become modular
>
> It is modular....you can install the k12ltsp rpm's on top of whatever
> distro you want.  You can even download them seperately.  Install it
> on SUSE and let us know how it goes :-)  Remember, K12LTSP was
> designed with"turn-key" in mind.  I like the idea of being able to
> download an ISO....burn it....load it to a server and be up in running
> in a short time.  The more experienced and geekier I am the more I
> might want to use another distro or whatever, but we MUST keep the
> newbies and all in mind. I am an experienced Linux user, but I prefer
> the turnkey installation and run it myself.
>
> David N. Trask
> Technology Teacher/Coordinator
> Vassalboro Community School
> dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
> (207)923-3100

I just want to agree with David --

I first tried K12LTSP when I was still low on the Linux skills list
(only been using it at home for about 2 yrs off and on).  At that time,
K12LTSP with the ISO, and "turn-key" idea was perfect.

Since then, my skills, and prefered distro have changed. I have
installed LTSP ontop of my home Debian system and still use K12LTSP at
school.  I have less time at school (I'm the math teacher, not tech guy)
so I love the "turn-key" approach. But for my home system, I perfer
Debian for a large # of reasons.

Keep up the good work everyone -- You have all produced a wonderful
product, and I am glad to be part of it --Even if it is just a TINY TINY
bit.