[K12OSN] openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh in K12LTSP ver 4.1

Luis Montes luis.montes at cox.net
Thu Aug 26 05:05:32 UTC 2004

I hope this setting is something that sticks around in future releases.
At least until the world wises up and switches to OO.o Writer .sxw files.

While we're goofing around with environmental variables, I've got a
question:

Is there a way to set other env variables by workstation in lts.conf ?

Would be kind of cool to be able to set any variable that any program
may need.
For example, maybe I wanted to tweak the Mtools GUI to read from the
floppy or CD drive on one machine in a section of the lab. Lets say that
I have 7 of the cool disklessworkstations.com thin clients against one
wall, and 7 others on another. And on each wall an old pc with a floppy
and CD.
Seems like env vars specific to the thin clients would be ideal to have
each row of thin clients able to use the floppy & CD close to them.

Maybe some type of  env var defintion arbitrarily assigned in the
lts.conf. Starting with a "ENV_" ?
Those could be picked up when the thin client connects, and pre-pended
to the logging in user's env?

Am I way off base here? Is there already a way to handle this?

Luis