[K12OSN] Accelerated Reader on K12LTSP

Doug Gough dgough at papcs.com
Fri Aug 27 15:32:21 UTC 2004

Many of them don't "get it", but that's not the only problem. I think
the bigger problem for educational software makers is that they have to
support a huge and old code base in order to make their stuff run on
EVERY version of Windows and Mac OS. We have several software packages
that claim to run on everything from Windows 3.1 to XP AND Mac OS 7.X to
OS X. Imagine trying to dig through all of that code to build something
that also runs on Linux. Maybe some of this will be addressed by the
acceptance of .NET/MONO.

Doug Gough