[K12OSN] winbind/gdm issues

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Aug 27 19:23:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 13:31, Huck wrote:
> I created all of my usernames in lowercase to avoid the case sensativity
> issue...
> used *ducks* MS-Word to lowercase my entire text document with all my
> username Huckaby, David into huckaby david
> for instance...(used it to remove the tabs and commas too, find and
> replace is your friend)

Time to learn some vi:
:%s/.*/\L&/g
will lowercase the whole document.

Or, if you prefer the old-school filter approach used before
vim got all the fancy special-case regexp operations:
1G!Gtr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'
(that pipes your buffer through the external tr program
and replaces it with the results so you aren't limited
to built-in editor operations).  If you don't like the
results, u will undo it.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com