[K12OSN] 'who' lies about users...

Trond Mæhlum trondrm at online.no
Sat Aug 28 22:55:27 UTC 2004

I use K12LTSP 4.0.1 on my LTSP servers. They all use ldap login. A main
server has all the home folders and handles most services. It also
houses the ldap database. I want to see who is logged on the LTSP
servers. I try the who command, but it only shows one user. I suspect it
shows the user who last logged on. I know that there are many more users
on, but they don't show up. Is this a Fedora thing? When I use the
Norwegian "Skolelinux", which is Debian-based with the same setup as the
Feodra boxes, the who command lists all users...

Can someone help me with this one? Is there an alternative to monitor
user activity?

Regards

Trond Mæhlum