[K12OSN] Gnome problem?

Steve Hargadon steve at hargadon.com
Mon Aug 30 19:14:21 UTC 2004

I'm running k12ltsp 4.0.1 with Gnome as the default and I did something
which caused all of the standard icons on my screen to turn into generic
"white sheet" icons, most of which still work except the the trash
icon--when double-clicked, gives an error, saying that "the action
associated with 'trash' is invalid."  When I try to start the control center
instead of going to the control center, it brings up the "preferences"
directory in Nautilus...

The printer icon in the panel is a different printer icon than before as
well, as well as is a "terminal" icon I have placed there.  I've spent a
couple of hours trying to understand the difference between "windows
managers" and "desktops," and since I tried the desktop switcher several
times and under Gnome I still have this same problem.  I'm thinking I might
have somehow switched the windows manager?

I've searched the list postings, but am probably using the wrong key words
to find out if this has come up for anyone else.  The only change to the
system that preceded this problem were 1) I did an apt-get install for
GnuCash, and 2) created a launch icon for it.

Wth great appreciation for anyone who knows what I have done,

Steve

Steve Hargadon
Hargadon Computer, Inc.
916-652-8600, ext. 711