[K12OSN] OT: Monitoring system over time...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Aug 30 22:23:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 16:52, Shawn Powers wrote:
> Can someone point me in the right direction -- I want to see how my server
> is performing over a day.  ie, disk i/o (thrashing), CPU usage, network
> load, etc -- but not just for a given moment, but rather a graph or chart
> for a day.

There are quite a few different front-ends for rrdtool that
do the grunge work of setting up data collection and making
graphs for you.  I've used this one and like it:
http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti/

It can monitor the local linux box or anything you can
access via snmp (router/switch port bandwidth use, etc.).

---
 Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com