[K12OSN] taskbar issues after updates

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 31 13:07:38 UTC 2004

Well, I decided to do all the updates and I have had some sort of a meltdown.  After I rebooted the hourglass just hung on the screen.  I tried using the earlier kernals, with the same result.  Oh no!  So, I used the k12 cd set to install/upgrade.  It managed to recover my system, but something is going on with the taskbar.  My clock, up2date icon, and other functions from the task bar had an error message.  It said I could delete the configuration for these files if I wanted.  It does this for every user.  After I selected delete, everything seems to work fine.  I miss my post-it notes, clock, weather ect.  Oh, and the icons for openoffice, mozilla, printer are on the taskbar.  Its the things on the right/bottom of the screen that are history.  Could I possibly use the cd set in upgrade mode again to recover this?  Thanks.