[K12OSN] taskbar issues after updates

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 31 16:58:05 UTC 2004

Les,

I opened the command line, logged in as root, and typed in: yum updates

So, the updates started in text mode and it has been working for about 1 hour.  When I'm done, will I have to issue another command to install?  Also, you mentioned that if the applets were still there, I could just re-add those things to the Gnome taskbar.  I may have screwed up by choosing "delete" when it asked me if I wanted to do so upon loading those particular applets at login.  Any way to reinstall those?  I switched to the KDE desktop, which is ok, but I think I prefer Gnome.  I tried using the cd set again and selecting "upgrade", but it didn't solve the problem.  Thanks