[K12OSN] Gigabit headach

Brock Noland brockn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 23:32:32 UTC 2004

If that is true I was not aware of it, but I am no expert! However I
found this interesting note yesterday.

"Using quality CAT 5 Cabling, good wiring practices and no EMI
problems, the maximum recommended transmission line length between
nodes for 10BaseT and 100TX is 100 Meters (about 329 feet).  For
Gigabit wiring using 1000BaseT operating at 350MHz, the limitation is
82 feet.."

http://www.bluemax.net/techtips/networking/Wiring_Tips/Wiring100TX/alittletheory.htm