[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 9, Issue 142

J Eric Smith eric at bluecranecs.com
Wed Dec 1 03:04:36 UTC 2004

>Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here because this thing is dragging on
>too much.  Are any of you that are having this problem burning the cds
>with XP sp2 ?  Service pack 2 replaced the ASPI layer with something
>called SPTI, I'm not really sure about the name but I know this from a
>very good friend who knows his stuff.  He is dealing with all kinds of
>issues with applications not working correctly with the new Microsoft
>"invention"   There has always been problems with ASPI and MS products.
>Seems they never could decide on a version.  I downloaded and burned the
>images and booted them with no problems.  I do not use XP for anything.
>
>Here is some more information:
>
>http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/aspi.htm <http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/%7Eaa571/aspi.htm>
>--
>Jack <jackpal at cfl.rr.com <javascript:void(0)>>
>

>------------------------------

Actually, yes XP2 with the newest Nero. However, the burns are still not
bootable even when I'm burning fresh, checksum'd .iso's in Ubuntu with
Nautilus's built-in ISO burning mechanism. Burns of Knoppix, Mepix, and
a half-dozen other distros boot fine, whether I burn them in XP2 or
Linux. I'm not sure if it's the iso's or my system. As I've managed to
get around this by using the boot.iso to do a network install, it hasn't
been a big deal to me.

Btw, very happy that B5 fixes the dependency issues. Will install and
test tonight!

-eric smith