[K12OSN] The boot problem again

Victor victor at hiplik.com.hk
Wed Dec 1 03:10:19 UTC 2004

Hello,

What Jack say below may be true. I never have boot problem from K12LTSP
beta2, beta4 and beta5.  I do not consider using Windows XP at all.  What I
use is mainly Linux and Windows 2000 with SP4.

As many people have boot problem, I use X-CD-roast in Linux to re-create the
iso files from the burned CDs (discs 1 and 2) of beta5.  I then check the
md5sums of my created iso files.  I get the same md5sums as the those from
K12LTSP.  Therefore, I am sure my burned CD is free of any error.

If there is still boot problem, we can try to burn the CDs in different OSs,
eg. both Linux and Windows systems.  Then we can compare the result.

Cheers,
Victor