[K12OSN] Computer goes to sleep and never wakes up

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Thu Dec 2 14:42:26 UTC 2004

Jennifer Waters wrote:
> When my thin clients go to sleep, they loose the
> signal to the server.   Any one have any suggestions
> on what is happening?

I have this happening too -- but *sometimes* they just don't wake up.
Strangely, it seems that just the monitor shuts off, but sometimes they
just don't wake up.

I want to know if there is a way to extend that time, because mine seem
to do it after 5 minutes, and USB Mouse movements don't count as being
"active" so if a staff member is surfing the web with just a mouse, they
get blank-screened in the middle of surfing.

The biggest problem, however, is that one of my thin clients is supposed
to be scrolling the bulletin via openoffice all day, and I don't know
how to get it to stop blanking.

Does anyone know how the X blanking stuff works?  I tried setting "xset
s off" but it seems not to make a difference.

(Sorry Jennifer, I didnt' answer your question at all, but rather posed
more!)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers