[K12OSN] alternative power supply

dale dalen at czexan.net
Thu Dec 2 19:14:10 UTC 2004

pnakashi at k12.hi.us wrote:
> [...]
Peter,
	You can measure power easily with a clamp around type amp meter.    It
basically has a magnetic clamp that you clamp around a power wire and it
gives a current readout.  Multiply this by 120 (volt) to get power.  The
nice thing is you don't need to touch any high voltage wire.  You will
need to clamp only 1 wire (hot or return) but you can easily build a
short extension cord with wires split, or carefully split the outer
insulation on an existing extension cord and seperate the wires (think
disecting an earthworm in science class).  See url to radioshack ammeter
for $20.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F008%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=22%2D602

Thanks,

Dale