[K12OSN] The boot problem again

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Thu Dec 2 19:50:47 UTC 2004

>On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 08:13 +0100, Bjørn Roger Rasmussen wrote:
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> It is not just with Nero 6 it is possible to get a non bootable disc 1. I
>> tried to burn CD 1 with the freeware program CDBurnerXP Pro 3 now and got
>> the same problem there.
>>
>> I have tried to download the .ISO files many times both at home and here at
>> work, both with Internet Explorer, Firefox web reader and FlashFXP FTP
>> program. The downloaded files are ok, but I have the boot problem whatever
>> I do... (Version 4.1.0 had no this problem at all!)
>>
>> But: When I cheat with boot.iso I get everything installed and everything
>> works ok. So I can get around the problem, but it is irritating anyway!
>>
>> Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

Just a thought:  Did you finalize the CD after you burned it?  I've had
trouble booting from certain CDs if they weren't finalized first.  Nero
doesn't do that by default unless the data fills the capacity of the CD
entirely.

C-ya,
Mark
____
"Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." -- Mark Twain