[K12OSN] Servers

tom Lingenfelter tmlink52 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 20:36:24 UTC 2004

I am very new to the Linux OS.  I read the article in
Ed Tech about K12LTSP a few days ago and became very
interested.  I downloaded v. 4.1.1 on an OS X computer
and burned 4 CDs, using Toast to burn them.  I have
now tried to load these CDs on to a fairly good
windows machine. Does the windows computer need to
have the hard drive reformated.   I went into system
setup and enabled the computer to boot from the CD
drive, but I'm having no luck.  I have downloaded all
the Howtos from the website (K12LTSP) but am stuck.  I
have even ordered a set of CDs.  I would like to move
along instead of waiting.  Is there anyone in the
Southern Tier of Western NY that wouldn't mind a few
extra emails to point me in the right direction.