[K12OSN] multiple LTSP servers same network: tips/tricks/ handouts

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Dec 3 05:24:17 UTC 2004

> From: Dennis Daniels

> Thanks Henry and Les! for your helpful tips! I'm pretty sure
> I did everything you've described here but I don't have
> access to the box from here so I can't say for sure what is
> what.

Does 'mount' show that /home is being mounted at all on the
new server?  If not, try 'showmount -e' on the server exporting
/home and 'showmount -e server_name' from the one with the
failing mount.  They should show approximately the same thing.
If the mount is working, on the new server, cd to /home and
do 'ls -l'.  Do the home directories have the correct ownership?

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com