[K12OSN] Good News!

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Dec 3 18:24:55 UTC 2004

I just pitched K12LTSP to the Superintendant of our Public District 861
on Wednesday and they have decided to launch 3 pilots next year.  I also
pitched it to 3 more of our private schools and they have decided to
each launch a full implementation next year.  I also just got back word
that a local Technical College has heard the buzz and wants to meet with
us on launching a pilot for them next year as well.  Cool!

Now I really have to study up.

The Public District has 4000+ students.  They asked if I could obtain
any references from a equivalent sized school that has already
implemented LTSP.  Is there anyone out there who would volunteer some
info?  They have a 2003 primary domain controller (for now), and a
Windows File Server (for now).  They want a server in each of the 3
pilot labs as teacher machines.  These 3 servers will have to
authenticate to the domain controller and mount home directoris from the
file server.  I will work toward getting them to convert their domain
controller and file server over to Linux but for now reassurance that
this setup will work in the interim would be great as well.

Thanks for everyones help to make this possible.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188
jim at winonacotter.org