[K12OSN] K12LTSP & Workstation Sound

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Dec 3 23:26:37 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:
> The problem, or potential problem I should say, is that if
> /tmp/.esd/socket exists then esd will refuse to run except
> as the user who owns /tmp/.esd/socket.

I'm befuddled a bit here -- are you talking about /etc/.esd/socket being
created on the client, or on the server?  It's only required on the
server (to fool flash into thinking esd is running locally) -- and esd
doesn't need to run at all on the server...

Unless you mean just that -- esd won't run on the server if you enable
this hack, in which case I agree it's a bit sloppy if users log into the
server locally...

Did I just add confusion, or did I completely misunderstand?  :)

Hey, at least it's Friday,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers