[K12OSN] LTSP Teacher forums

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 02:10:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:17:35 -0500, John Baillie
<jbaillie at stmarys-school.org> wrote:
> R. Scott Belford wrote:

> We have one teacher that questions why we aren't using "main stream"
> software in the lab. I made a couple of templates in OpenOffice for her
> 4th grade class to use in their studies on US states. She was tickled to
> death and didn't give me that "I wish we were using the software I have
> at home." look.

At a presentation I gave last week, a couple people told me that they
installed OpenOffice and changed the Icons to the Word and Excel icons
and several people haven't noticed!  Of course another benefit of OSS
is that people *can* use the same software at home (at least once
there's a native version of OpenOffice.org for OS X).

--
Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville