[K12OSN] hotplug issue

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sun Dec 5 03:48:58 UTC 2004

eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:
>
>> dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us wrote:

>>> Are you referring to this?
>>> http://pxes.sourceforge.net
>>

>> Yes that's the CD I'm using however I'm using K12ltsp on the server..
>

> If you are using pxes, client-side problems probably need to be
> reported to the pxes folks.
>
> PXES *replaces* the K12LTSP client boot process, having K12LTSP on
> the server doesn't really matter in this case.
>
> Hopefully that makes sense ;-)
>
> -Eric

Hi,

The problem is specific ot 4.2 since the CD work fine with both 4.0.1 &
4.1.1 therefore I must conclude that something has changed on the server
side ???? But as I mentionned in my last email I'm getting the same
problem with a boot floppy also.....

.....and that doesn't make sense :-D

thks
norbert