[K12OSN] beta5 & NICs

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Mon Dec 6 00:26:37 UTC 2004

Norbert,

It sounds to me like both of your nics are configured with a GATEWAY
entry.

Take a look at the following files:

  /etc/sysconfig/network-scritps/ifcfg-eth1

Only one of this files should contain a 'GATEWAY' or 'GATEWAYDEV'
line.

I'm guessing that both of your files have that.

So, when you bring up the 2nd interface, the defalt gateway gets screwed
up, because now you have 2 of them.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org