[K12OSN] What to do with Windows 2000 Server?

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Mon Dec 6 03:00:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 04:09, David Trask wrote:
> My opinion?  Make the LTSP box the domain controller since that's where
> all the users live anyway....join the Win2K box to the domain and simply
> authenticate against the LTSP server.....you can map the users home
> directory using a login script....make sure you set up the "home share" in
> Samba. (smb.conf)....something like this...

Thanks David.  I did just that tonight.  It seems to work well enough,
the XP client that we have left added itself to the domain with just a
little coaxing and the W2K server did so without any real issue.

Now that that is sorted out, I should be able to move my remaining
windows user to LTSP :-).

Tim