[K12OSN] Re: alternate power supplies

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Dec 7 01:53:54 UTC 2004

umm... 24/7 for 20 yrs?
I think your engineers are bad at math =)

YEStation Mini(http://www.affirmative.net/extrathin.html#mini) cost $249
msrp...
at $0.07 per kWh(kilowatt hour) .. 8hrs a day(50 weeks a year) the cost
of a 100-watts for that time period for 10 machines = $140
divide that by 10 for the Mini's...$14 a year...a savings of ??? $126...
the mini pays for itself in energy savings in 2yrs.

thus, a donation of a 100-watt powersupply unit will actually be costing
you MORE in it's 3rd year of service(in electrical fees) than purchasing
the MINI's outright.

Regards,
--Huck