[K12OSN] making menu icons bigger in IceWM

Bill Bardon bill at computassist.com
Tue Dec 7 04:38:20 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, Dec 07 Debbie Schiel wrote:
> That did the trick thanks Bill!
>
> Do you also know how to remove the now useless " 0 " (pictured in the
> screensnap) that sits on the bottom taskbar?

Ah, that one would be:

TaskBarShowWorkspaces=0

All the options are pretty well documented in the example files.  I'm on
a Mandrake Linux system right now, but I think they are in the same
location.  Have a look at the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewm/.

Having said that, I think workspaces can be pretty useful, especially on
smaller screens.  Even without the workspace switching menu and taskbar
buttons, you can still switch between defined workspaces by using these
keystrokes:

KeySysWorkspacePrev="Alt+Ctrl+Left"
KeySysWorkspaceNext="Alt+Ctrl+Right"

You can also set it up so that dragging the mouse to a screen edge
will switch to another workspace.  IceWM is good stuff.

--
Bill Bardon
COMPUTASSIST