[ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] access to samba shares from winxp

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Wed Dec 8 13:46:18 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 20:14, norbert wrote:

> No what I meant was to have a W2K server on your K12ltsp network, then
> the kids could access the "legacy" - (seems odd to talk about legacy &
> Win in the same sentence ....) app via rdesktop. No need to switch
> anything both Linux & Win would be available from the same terminals.
> BTW there are programs & organizations where you can get a FREE W2K
> license along with the CALS specifically for non-profits.

We are using this rdesktop with Windows terminal server to support our
'legacy' applications. For the record the Windows Server 2003 terminal server
is much better then the Windows 2000 Server terminal server software. If you
have a choice use Windows server 2003 for your windows terminal server.
--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)