[K12OSN] Suggestions on switching from AD -> openLDAP (& Keeping MS Exchange around temporarily)

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Thu Dec 9 17:28:55 UTC 2004

I've been eyeing replacing my AD directory servers (2 of them, they are
cranky, and shrinking Hardisk wise... and I have no free servers to
replace/augment them with) for some time.  Howerver, we are MS Exchange
shop, and I'm curious if anyone has been able to use OpenLDAP and MS
Exchange 2000 together (If possible, I would like to keep the global
address book abilities in Outlook).  I've been thinking about Suse
OpenExchange for schools, however we don't have the funding at the
moment (and we have unfortunately already renewed our Exchange
license).  Possibly this summer.... so I need to figure out a band-aid
before then.

I would love to set up multiple redundant ldap servers...

Henry Burroughs