[K12OSN] OT: Curiculum for web & DNS server on linux

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Dec 10 19:52:55 UTC 2004

The tech teacher at my kids' school once said to me that the reason she liked
teaching Cisco classes was because Cisco provided a curiculum, complete with
lesson plans.  With that in mind, I thought I would point out this Linux Journal
article about a lab on setting up a web & dns server on linux, offered at the U
of S. Florida.  The interesting part is that it includes a link to the
curiculum, along with a link to the professor who created it in case one would
like to teach the class. In case any teachers would find it useful.

Thinking back to the discussion earlier this week about a non-technical forum on
OSS for teachers to use, I would think there would be interest in building a
repository of lesson plans for OSS subjects, at least for computer-related
classes, so that teachers would always have to buy or build from scratch on
their own.  Perhaps this lab plan is a place to start.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7944

Petre