[K12OSN] Tuxpaint takes a looong time to load.

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 14 18:29:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:28:40AM -0600, Doug Simpson wrote:
> How can you disable the lockfile "feature" (or bug) so it can be used
> on more than one computer in a K12LTSP environment?

The "--nolockfile" option can be used for this.

I'm guessing you have a shared homedirectory for all the users?
(If not, the lockfile /shouldn't/ be preventing them from launching
multiple times.)

This is a new feature, so I'm definitely curious how it affects lab
environments.  (It was added at the request of a teacher, but I believe
they simply had normal Windows desktop setups, each with Tux Paint
installed.)

Thanks!

-bill!