[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 23:29:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Jim Christiansen wrote:
>
> > Ok, now I'm caught up with Eric's 4.2 beta work!  I should have read ALL of
> > the recent list mail before sending off my questions about using Fedora3.  The
> > 4.2 beta is based on the already post-beta Fedora3 so the only question would
> > be about Eric's K12LTSP based rpms, right?
> >
> > Or instead of using Fedora3, if I wait until the weekend of  Dec 18-19 will I
> > be too late to try out the betas, Eric?  Thanks, Jim
>
> The only thing I think is "beta" right now is the CD build process.
>
> At this point in time, I feel comfortable that a K12LTSP 4.2.0 install
> should work perfectly well. The only show-stopper is that some systems
> won't boot off the install CDs. I really want to get that fixed before
> declaring 4.2.0 as the new stable release.

Eric,

Trying to help out with the beta testing, I rsynced -beta # 8 Disc 1 before school this morning and tested it after I got home today. Still no joy with booting disc 1 on my server.  The boot.iso and earlier K12LTSP discs (4.0.1-1 and the 3. series) boot without any problem.  Beta #8 disc 1 will boot however in another box as does beta 2 also (FWIW, they both fail to start anaconda on this box). All discs (Khypermedia- branded CMC discs) were burnt at 8x in a Phillips 8x burner using cdrecord.   Let me know if you need any more information/want me to do anymore testing.

Jesse McDonnell