[K12OSN] Yum update ?

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Fri Dec 17 02:52:34 UTC 2004

eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if this was asked but after upgrading from 4.0.1 to
>> 4.1.1 I get this error..
>>
>> "Resolving dependencies
>> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
>> Package mozilla-acroread needs acroread = 5.0.9, this is not available."
>
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> mozilla-acroread must be a third-party package you installed somewhere
> along the way.
>
> Try removing that package and then run yum. The equivalent package
> in K12LTSP is probably acroread-plugin.
>
> -Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks but it didn't work, this is what I did...

[root at krypton 4.2beta]# rpm -q acroread
acroread-5.06-4
[root at krypton 4.2beta]# rpm -e acroread-5.06-4
[root at krypton 4.2beta]# yum update
Server: K12LTSP
Server: Macromedia flash
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
No Packages Available for Update
No actions to take
[root at krypton 4.2beta]# yum upgrade
Server: K12LTSP
Server: Macromedia flash
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Finding obsoleted packages
Resolving dependencies
....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package mozilla-acroread needs acroread = 5.0.9, this is not available.

next ??????

thks
norbert